Tuesday, 20 March 2018

PROGRESSION PLAN

Starting from the deadline of my last project in May 2018 I will be focused on applying for photography job roles around the UK. Since my recent projects photographing models wearing clothing stock for marketing and advertising purposes, I have enjoyed the structure of this type of work and would like to start by working in this industry. Over the next few months after graduation I will be reaching out to retail clothing companies like New Look, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Dorothy Perkins to apply for a photographer role for their stock. I will also apply to virtual online shops based in the UK such as ASOS, Miss Pap, Missguided, Boohoo and InTheStyle for photography jobs. As the online world is constantly adapting, plenty more online stores will be popping up, hopefully with opportunities for a photographer to advertise their stock. These are also the kind of stores I currently shop with so I know how up to date they are and the themes of their trademark. I feel they would need a young photographer to capture the essence of their company and be able to input new ideas.
In this day and age, every company needs photography to advertise their business - whether it be in the form of TV adverts or online website photographs of their stock. I feel that I have a positive input into advertising and what looks good to the public, what will look more appealing and will pull customers in. Working in this type of advertising industry will always keep you on your feet, thinking of new ideas to market the company and come up with new ways of publishing the business. Whether this be for a clothing company or supermarket chains needing photographs of clothing stock, I am confident that I would be able to work comfortably in this type of industry.
I would like to have been to numerous interviews by the end of the year and be starting my career in the commercial photography industry whether it be with one of these large companies or a smaller, local company. I would like to work within this industry for a few years to gain experience of working within a team in a photographic environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment