Tuesday, 20 March 2018

MOCK INTERVIEW REFLECTION

In preparation for my mock interview, I practiced to apply for the role as a photographer for ASOS for their stock base. The interview lasted roughly 15 minutes with Nick and John,  with added time at the end where I was able to ask my own questions. I asked about the structure of the photographic/production team and how many members were in each department, how man people I would be working with while photographing the products. Even though it was a mock interview I know I wasn't very confident in the interview and struggled under the pressure to answer the questions and remember the things I had researched about the company. I didn't sell myself well and therefore need improvement listing my skills and qualifications. I also need to improve on my confidence, to slow down and think about my answer before saying anything - instead of rushing to answer the question quickly and tripping myself up and forgetting the point of my answer.
I know I am a bubbly happy person so I need to present this in future interviews so that I represent myself as approachable and friendly.
In future interviews I need to spend more time researching the company, I spent too much time trying to find hidden details about ASOS rather than just looking on their website for the basic details. I know that when it comes to the real thing and I know i'm eager to get the job role then my motivation will be stronger when researching the company and answering questions in the interview.


This was Nick's feedback:
·         You came across well at interview, coming across as personable and approachable – you were positive and genuine in your interest in the role.
·         You have a tendency to under-sell yourself and your technical skills set – be careful of using qualifying phrases like ‘quite familiar with…’ or ‘done a few studio shoots …’. More practise beforehand will enable you to minimise these negatives and accentuate the positives.
·         You can summarise your skills set through by compiling a ‘hit-list’ of overarching photographic phrases that you want to communicate; rather than listing every specific item you have worked with (your CV can do this more effectively.)
·         Your personal attributes are good in relation to the role but you could present your ability to work efficiently alongside interpersonal skills.
·         Your CV has some good content but needs more refinement in design and layout.
·         Your response to the ‘define the brand in 3 words’ question was uneven and could have utilised some more positive, aspirational words - ‘simplistic’. Referring to the core values of the business (on their website) would have been a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment